Your first visit
Our staff would like to make your experience at Dallas Veterinary Clinic as seamless and stress-free as possible, so let us explain what you can expect.
1. DVS accepts patients by both self referral and veterinarian referral. Once our services are completed, your family veterinarian again becomes your pet’s practitioner. We will need that referral, along with your pet’s medical history and previous x-rays, CT scans, blood tests, etc., before you can schedule an appointment. (Pertinent data may be mailed, faxed or brought to the clinic in person.)
2. Once we receive that information, you may call 214-828-5800 and schedule an appointment or we will contact you within 3 days. We request that you notify us as soon as possible, if you are unable to keep your appointment.
3. It may be necessary for your pet to be fasted prior to his/her appointment, we will give you specific instructions prior to your appointment.
4. At your first visit, check-in at the front desk, located on the second floor. You may anticipate a 60-minute appointment. You and your pet will then be escorted to an exam room to meet with our board-certified veterinarian.
5. After a physical exam; review of the documentation concerning your pet’s health status; and a conversation with you about your concerns and your animal’s previous experiences or problems, we will provide you with a treatment plan, based on the findings and recommendations of the doctor.
6. If, after considering your options, you decide to proceed with treatment, you will be asked to sign a consent form for treatment/hospitalization/surgery, just as in hospitals for people.
7. A 50% deposit is required upon admission. We accept credit cards (MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover), care credit, and cash. The balance of the bill is due at the time of your pet’s discharge.
These forms will help give our doctors a more detailed history of your pet.